Sunday, March 04, 2007

Last day: Kamakura


Okay, here we are on my last full day in Japan. We decided to sleep in just a bit and head for Kamakura by train. Took us a while to get there, but it was worth it. First we visited the Hachiman Shrine and last the Hasi-Kannon Temple. In the middle was the Daibutsu, the Great Buddha (seen in the picture). It was amazing. It may not be the biggest buddha in Japan, but it was certainly a great sight to see. Steve and I went inside the statue itself. A lot more needs to be said, but I've got to get up early. I'll catch up after I get home- sometime Monday, Texas time. I fly out tomorrow in the late afternoon. About 18 hours later I'll get to Houston in the morning of the same day. I love arriving before I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home