Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Calamity Jane



New show! We open "Calamity Jane" Friday night after a Thursday night preview. We've got a good show. A few rough spots, but an entertaining little bit of fun. It doesn't pretend to have a great message or earth-shattering drama; it's a musical comedy of the old school. Of course, me being a character actor, I've got a pretty good part. (Leads can be so limiting.) Let's put it this way, I do one of my musical numbers dressed in drag as a dancehall girl. I'm OK looking as a guy (yeah, I'm stretching the point) but I'm an UGLY woman. It's a fun show to do, though.

Ticket sales have been brisk and the buzz is good. We play for a limited 3 week run- just for Dogwood Trails in Palestine. More after opening night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home