Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Acting and directing... what a life!

Lots going on around here. In the last few weeks there have been auditions galore. First there were auditions for an independent film out of Austin being shot in the area. (Of course, I had to miss these for a family function out of town.) I dropped off my headshot and resume` and left town. next weekend were auditions for a Denzel Washington - Forest Whittaker movie being partly shot nearby. Made those auditions, and I was chosen, but they changed the filming dates so I had to opt out. The next weekend was auditions for a stage musical, "The Man of La Mancha" which I am directing. That same day, they repeated auditions for the Denzel Washington movie, "The Great Debaters". This time the filming date was changed back so that I could perform. I went again and was chosen again. I tell ya', it's been a busy time. Today I drove to Shreveport, Louisiana for a costume fitting. Friday we start rehearsals for La Mancha and I just received word that the Austin group has me scheduled for their shoot this Saturday, without telling me about it at all. Would have been great, but I'm booked. Busy, busy, busy. Maybe it's a sign I'm supposed to quit teaching and start just acting.... Nah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home